Double Fudge and Chestnut Brownies
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. butter
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 C. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 C. chopped chestnuts
- In a medium saucepan melt butter or margarine and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, .Remove from heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, grease an 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture in saucepan.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating by hand just till combined.
- Stir in vanilla. In a small mixing bowl stir together the flour and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just till combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F. oven, allowing 30 minutes for an 8 inch square pan or 25 minutes for a 9 inch pan.
- Cool on a rack.
Around The Web