Easter Basket Cookies
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 16.5 oz. roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 2 oz. bottle pink and blue colored sugar
- 12 oz. white frosting
- 2 C. flaked coconut
- food coloring
- jelly beans
- pipe cleaners
- 1/4-inch pastel ribbon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray 24 miniature muffin cups. In medium bowl, stir or knead cookie dough and flour until well blended.
- 2 Roll dough into 24 (1 1/4-inch) balls; roll in colored sugar. Press 1 ball into bottom and up side of each muffin cup.
- 3 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set and edges are light golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to cooling rack.
- 4 Add coconut to a 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add 3 to 4 drops food color and shake until well blended. It may be necessary to add 1 to 2 teaspoons water to help disperse the color evenly or additional food color until desired color is reached.
- 5 Frost top of each cookie. Decorate with colored coconut and jelly beans. Tie a small ribbon bow on 5-inch piece of pipe cleaner; insert into each basket for handle.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury
Around The Web