Easy and Spicy Caprese Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounce block of mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco or chili flakes
Begin by preparing the ingredients. Cut each of the cherry tomatoes in half and place them in the serving bowl. Next, chop the mozzarella cheese into ½ inch cubes and add them to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss the ingredients so that they are fully incorporated.
To make the spicy sauce, combine the sour cream and the Tabasco or red chili flakes. Mix thoroughly. Add a dollop of the spicy mix to each serving.
This salad can be served immediately or it can be covered and refrigerated. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.