Easy Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed dried
- 2 C. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chills, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pkg. egg roll wrappers, 24 wrappers total
1. Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
2. In a large bowl combine corn, black beans, spinach, cheese, chills, green onions, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Place egg roll wrapper on your work surface so the corners are turned in your direction. Place ¼ C. of the filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
4. Take the egg roll and fold the tip closest to you over the filling and roll about half way. Take the horizontal corners and fold them into the middle and continue rolling the egg roll until only the tip of the egg roll is unrolled.
5. Wet the corner of the egg roll tip and finish rolling to seal.
6. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
7. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place seeled egg rolls seam side down. Spray the tops of the egg rolls with non-stick cooking spray.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg rolls are lightly brown. Turn once during cooking.
9. Let egg rolls cool slightly and serve warm with salsa.