Easy Bean and Kielbasa Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 pkg. (20-oz. size) 15- or 16-dried bean soup mix, sorted and rinsed
- 1 16-oz. pkg. smoked kielbasa sausage, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into slices
- 5 cans (14 oz. each) chicken broth
- 4 med. carrots, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- pepper to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except tomatoes.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Stir in tomatoes. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until hot.