Easy Cheeseburger Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Tbs. of olive oil
- ½ lg. yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 lbs. good quality, lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. of seasoned salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 28-oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 2 C. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 C. water
- ¼ C. ketchup
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. of rotini pasta or rice
- 2 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fresh diced tomato
- Green onions
- Shredded lettuce
1. In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil and onions. Sauté until softened.
2. Increase the temperature to high; add ground beef.
3. Season ground beef with seasoned salt and ground pepper.
4. Cook until browned. Drain excess fat from pot.
5. Slice tomatoes and add them to the pot. Also add chicken broth, water, ketchup, mustard, pasta and season salt. Bring to a boil.
6. Turn heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
7. Remove from heat and stir in 1 C. of cheese.
8. Sprinkle additional cheese on top and cover pot with the lid until cheese is melted.
9. Top with diced tomatoes, green onions, pickles and shredded lettuce.