Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 10 3/4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 C. Picante sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 C. chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 C. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 sm. tomato, chopped (about 1/2 C.)
- 1 green onion, sliced (about 2 Tbs.)
Stir the soup, sour cream, Picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl. Stir 1 cup Picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side up in 11x8-inch shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining Picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.
Optional: Stir 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas.