Easy Harvest Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Colby cheese or
- ½ cup crumpled blue cheese
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons bacon bits or real chopped up bacon
- ½ red onion chopped up
- 2 tablespoons lite Ranch dressing or other type of dressing
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place walnuts in a single layer on a backing sheet. Keep in oven for about 5 minutes or until the nuts begin to brown. Then, in a medium to large bowl, toss in the walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, and red onion and mix.
Next, in a small bowl, blend together the pepper, salt and ranch dressing. Pour over the salad before serving and then gently toss together all the ingredients.