Easy Onion Tart
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 Tbs. butter
- 4 med-large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 8 Tbs. white wine
- 4 Tsp. sugar
- 4 Tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 C. Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated/shredded Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a saucepan melt the butter, then add onions, wine, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are soft and golden brown
3) In a separate bowl, mix ricotta and eggs.
4) On a large baking sheet, spread out the puff pastry sheets. Fold the edges to form a crust. Spread the ricotta mixture over the pastry.
5) Sprinkle (most) of the parmesan atop the ricotta mixture.
6) Now add the onion mixture atop the cheeses. Sprinkle any remaining parmesan.
7) Bake until the pastry is golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
(photo cred: http://orangesandavocados.com/2011/09/05/onion-tart/)