Easy-Peasy Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water or milk or milk and cream mixed together
- 2 cups sour cream or fresh cream soured with lemon juice
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped chives and parsley
In a large pan, heat the butter and sauté the mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes or till cooked through.
To the pan, add salt and pepper and sprinkle in the flour. Sauté gently till the flour is golden in color and pour the mixture into a crock-pot.
Pour in the milk / cream mixture, the stock, the sour cream and beat well.
Cook covered on low heat for 3 hours or till cooked through.
Just before serving, add the parsley and chives and serve hot.