Easy Turkey Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- cooking spray
- two 4-oz. turkey cutlets, cut into thin strips
- one 10 1/4-oz. can fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 C. frozen chopped onion
- 1 med. carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 sm. celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 med. plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 C. drained canned white beans
- 1/4 tsp. crushed dried thyme
- 2 Tbs. seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly coat shallow 1-quart casserole with cooking spray.
Lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add turkey pieces and cook, stirring, until turkey is browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Lower heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in turkey pieces, tomato, beans and thyme. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole. Top with seasoned bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until casserole is browned on top and bubbling, about 20 minutes.