Easy White Chili With Chicken
- 2 C. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 15-oz. cans white beans, drained
- 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 4-oz. cans diced green chiles
- 2 Tbs. Italian seasoning
- 4 C. cubed, cooked chicken breast
- 1 C. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 C. chunky salsa (mild or hot)
- 1/2 C. chopped fresh cilantro
In a 4-qt. pot, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until onions are tender. Stir in beans, chicken broth, chilies and seasoning. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish each serving with cheese, salsa and cilantro.
Yield: 8 Servings.