Egg And Tomato Breakfast Pizzas
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 (17.3 oz) box puff pastry, thawed
- 2 C. fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 9 large cage-free eggs
- ½ C. Fontina cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll out puff pastry on a clean work surface. Slice each sheet into 4 equal squares. Freeze pastry squares for 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, thyme, salt and ground pepper. Stir until ingredients are well blended. Beat 1 egg and brush pastries. Sprinkle Fontina over each pastry and top with tomato mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
Make a small indent in the center of squares. Crack an egg over each indent. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until whites begin to set. Serve warm.