Egg Nog By Bravo's Top Chef Richard Blais
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 C. low fat milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- 8 egg yolks whisked
- 1 qt. Dannon Oikos vanilla Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 C. bourbon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg, grated
- Powdered vanilla
- Heat mixture of low fat milk, vanilla bean, cloves, vanilla extract, and Sai-gon cinnamon; simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs; then whisk into the warm milk mixture.
- Let this steep and cool, then strain.
- Add remaining ingredients to this cool mixture.
- Finish with a nice shaving of nutmeg, vanilla, and even more cinnamon if desired.
For more recipes visit the Dannon Oikos site.
Around The Web