Egg Nog Snickerdoodles
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 1/2 C. shortening
- 1 3/4 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- 2 3/4 C. flour
- 2 tsp.cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar
- Beat in the eggs and the rum extract.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt and gradually add it to the creamed mixture
- In a shallow bowl, combine the nutmeg and the remaining sugar
- Roll the dough into balls.
- Next roll it in the sugar mixture.
- Place them about two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Around The Web