Egg White Breakfast Pizza
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. liquid egg whites
- 1/8 C. onions, diced
- 1/8 C. bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 Tbsp. low fat cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper and other desired spices
1. Saute onions and bell pepper over high heat in 1/4 tablespoon olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add spinach, cover, and allow to cook 2-3 minutes longer, or until spinach is wilted.
3. Remove veggies from pan.
4. Coat skillet with 1/4 tablespoon olive oil (or cooking spray) and reduce temperature to medium heat.
5. Return veggies to skillet, spread evenly across skillet.
6. Pour in egg whites, cover, and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes or until egg starts to set and the edges start to turn brown and pull away from the sides of the skillet.
7. While you wait, pop your tortilla under the broiler and toast just until it starts to get crispy. Once done, allow to cool for a couple of minutes and then spread with cream cheese.
8. Uncover skillet and allow to cook 2-3 minutes until egg is set and no liquid remains on top.
9. Using a large spatula, transfer the egg white “pizza” to your toasted tortilla that has been spread with cream cheese.
10. Garnish as desired and slice with a pizza cutter.