Eggnog Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Serving Size / Yield
- Bundt Cake:
- 3 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ C low-fat eggnog, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 18 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 18 pieces and softened
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon Glaze:
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir in a mixing bowl melted butter and 1 tbsp flour until a paste forms.
- Brush and coat all the interior surfaces of the 12-cup bunt pan.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the eggnog and vanilla and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and yolk and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture in and then the eggnog mixture.
- Combine 1 cup of cake batter with nutmeg and cinnamon and stir well.
- Spread remaining batter in an even layer across bunt pan.
- Spoon the spiced batter over the top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour and let the pan cool for about 25 minutes before placing on a wired rack.
Combine all glaze ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Once the bundt cake cools top it off with this yummy glaze.
Around The Web