Elegant Shrimp and Crab Casserole
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. medium size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 C. diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 C. diced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 6-oz. cans white crab (you can use fresh)
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 C. grated cheddar cheese
- 1 C. buttered bread crumbs
Saute pepper, onion, and garlic in 2 Tbs. of butter until soft. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp start to turn pink. Do not overcook. They will finish cooking in the oven.
Pour soups, crab, milk, and shrimp mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Cover top first with the buttered bread crumbs, then with the grated cheese. Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes until hot and cheese is bubbly.