Fab Texas Caviar Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 cans black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced (can substitute canned diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green (or any color sweet pepper) pepper, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, chopped *
- 8-12 oz. Italian dressing (low-fat or fat-free works great)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- I use the jar of pickled jalapenos. I stack the slices up until it looks like one pepper. Then I chop them and add them. You can also use fresh, just be sure to remove all seeds.
Mix all ingredients in bowl. Pour dressing over the top, and mix well. Mix at least the night before serving to let the flavors blend.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Around The Web