Fast and Healthy Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size / Yield
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 Tbs. garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 med. onion, thinly sliced
- 1 med. red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 med. green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tortillas
- 4 Tbs. salsa, divided
- 3 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tsp. sour cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a bowl, toss chicken with garlic, juice, 1 teaspoon oil, chili powder and cumin. Marinate for 20 minutes.
Coat a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. Add chicken with marinade, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes with chiles, salt, black pepper and remaining 1 tsp oil. Toss the items together. Roast, stirring once, until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Wrap tortillas in foil. Place them into the oven during the last 10 minutes of roasting time. Stir 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons cilantro into the chicken mixture; divide evenly among tortillas, along with remaining 2 tablespoons salsa, sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.