- 2 C. cooked green split peas, drained and chilled.
- 1 Tbs. chopped green onions
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 fine-minced large clove garlic
- 1 small tomato with seeds removed
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- Tabasco to taste
- green food coloring
Place all ingredients except Tabasco and green food coloring in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If the color isn't quite green enough, add one drop of coloring at a time and blend until nice and uniformly green. Then add Tabasco to taste.
Makes about 2 1/2 C. (40 Tbs.)