Favorite Hash Brown Bake With Sausage
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage, (mild, hot, sage, whatever kind you like)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 (30 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt (divided)
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 c. milk
Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish and set aside.
In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat; cook until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain well.
Stir 1 c. cheddar cheese into the sausage mixture.
Cook the hash browns according to the directions on the package; season with ½ tsp. salt and the ground pepper.
Stir the hash browns into the sausage and cheese mixture and combine well; pour into baking dish.
Whisk together the eggs, milk and remaining 1 tsp. of salt. Pour egg mixture evenly over the sausage and hash brown mixture.
Top with remaining ½ c. cheese.
Bake at to 350° F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the hash brown bake with sausage is set and the cheese melted.