Festive Pumpkin Dip
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 C. cooked or canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbs. taco seasoning mix
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 C. chopped dried beef
- 1/3 C. chopped green pepper
- 1/3 C. chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian or pumpernickel bread Fresh vegetables, crackers or corn chips
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, taco seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beef, peppers and olives. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, cut top off bread; scoop out bread from inside, leaving a 1/2-in.
shell (save the bread from inside to make croutons or bread crumbs or save for another use). Fill shell with cream cheese mixture. Serve with vegetables, crackers or corn chips.
Yield: 3 C.