Fettuccine with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Peas
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 9-oz. pkgs. fresh (refrigerated) fettuccine
- 1 14.5-oz. can seasoned chunky tomatoes for pasta
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/3 C. heavy or whipping cream
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen peas
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In large saucepot, cook pasta as directed. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat tomatoes, tomato sauce and cream to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
Place frozen peas in colander. Drain fettuccine over peas. In large warm serving bowl, toss pasta and peas with tomato mixture. Serve with Parmesan.
Each serving: About 575 calories, 22g protein, 96g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (6g sat.), 158mg cholesterol, 1,375 sodium.