- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 C. finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs. parsley flakes
- 3/4 Tbs. garlic salt
- 1/2 Tbs. black pepper
- 1/4 Tbs. white pepper
- 1/4 Tbs. ground red pepper
- 2 bell peppers (red and green), seeded and cut in rings
- vegetable oil
- 4 slices cheddar, Monterey Jack or American cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger rolls
Mix together ground beef, onion and seasonings. Shape mixture into 3 or 4 burgers. Brush pepper rings with oil. Grill burgers and peppers over medium heat 8-12 minutes or until burgers are well-done (160 degrees internal temperature), turning once.
Add cheese to top of each burger for one minute before cooking is completed. Place on rolls. Top with pepper, rings, and lettuce.