Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. hot bean paste (or tomato paste)
- 1 Tbs. Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, chopped and drained
- canola oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs. ginger, grated
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 3 Tbs. scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 C. peanuts
Heat a wok with canola oil until it begins to smoke. Add chopped and drained tofu and sear for 2-3 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove from wok and set aside.
Add slightly more canola oil to the wok and immediately add peanuts, scallion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the peanuts release their oil and smell fragrant.
Add bean (or tomato) paste, Sriracha, soy sauce, red chili flakes, and salt (to taste). Cook until the peanuts and scallion are well coated in the sauce. Then add vegetable broth and return tofu to the wok. Cook until warmed through and reduced slightly.