Serving Size / Yield
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 350. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Remove dough from can. Cut dough crosswise into 9 slices.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the circumference of each slice 7 times at a diagonal angle about 1-inch deep to form "petals." Place on cookie sheet. Form gently back into a round.
- Brush dough with egg white; sprinkle with poppy seed. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Try using a dried herb mix or other seasoning in place of the poppy seed for a flavorful twist.
- Egg washes, brushed on shaped dough before baking to give bread a beautiful golden brown crust, can be made with beaten egg, egg whites or a mixture of water and egg.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.
Around The Web