Focaccia Bread with Black Olives
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. hot water
- 1 1/2 C. cold water
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbs. roasted garlic, crushed
- 4 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2/3 C. olives
- Pour the hot water and honey in the bowl of your electric mixer. Add one package of dry active yeast and allow the yeast to foam for 10 minutes.
- Add the cold water, 3 Tbs. oil, salt, and garlic. Using the bread hook attachment, turn the mixer on low and slowly add the flour. Knead on low for 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2-2 hours. Remove the plastic wrap and turn the mixer back on for 30 seconds.
- Oil a 9x13 baking dish. Press to dough to the edges.
- Poke deep depressions in the dough and place an olive in each hole.
- Drizzle the top with more olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Cover the dough with a clean damp towel and allow to rise again for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the top is golden-brown.
Around The Web