Serving Size / Yield
- 7 C. vegetable broth
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1 lg. onion, chopped (1 C.)
- 2 C. uncooked Arborio or medium-grain white rice
- 2 Tbs. dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 C. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C. crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 C. grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
In 3-quart saucepan, heat broth over medium-heat. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in rice. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until edges of kernels are translucent. Stir in wine. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until wine is absorbed. Reduce heat to medium. Pour 1/2 C. of the hot broth over rice mixture. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue cooking 30 to 35 minutes, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time and stirring frequently, until rice is almost tender and mixture is creamy. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses. Sprinkle with parsley.
Need more help?
Chef Todd Mohr of WebCookingClasses.com shares his tips on making risotto. Want to learn more? Click here for a 14 day free trial from WebCookingClasses.com!