French Onion Soup Casserole
20 min preparation + 30 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 2-3 Tbs. butter
- 3 lg. sweet onions
- 2 C. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted**
- 2/3 C. milk
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 8 slices of French bread
- Slice onions.
- Melt butter in a apan over medium heat.
- Saute onions until clear.
- In a casserole pan, layer onions, 2/3 of cheese and pepper to taste.
- In a sauce pan, heat soup, milk, and soy sauce, stirring to blend.
- Pour mixture in the dish and stir to mix.
- Top with bread slices.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Push bread slices under the sauce and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place casserole back in oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
Around The Web