Fresh Fruit Ambrosia Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pt. sour cream
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- one sm. bag of shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries cleaned & cut in halves or small depending on size
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 4 sm. cans or 2 lg cans mandarin oranges
- 2-4 fresh pitted peaches or nectarines, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2-4 fresh pitted plums, cut up into small bite-sized pieces
- fresh raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries (use any fruit you like)
Start hulling and slicing strawberries. Place in a large colander and rinse clean. Cut pineapple into bite-sized pieces and place in colander. Place all fruit in colander and allow all fruit to drain. After fruit is well-drained, pour into a large bowl, add sour cream and half of the marshmallows and coconut, and mix together. Allow fruit salad to settle overnight in fridge. Remove from fridge and add more marshmallows and coconut to absorb the juice. Serve and enjoy!
This can also be made with canned fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, and canned pineapple. Just remember to drain all fruit and add sour cream, marshmallows, and coconut.