Fresh Pasta with Onion and Pork
20 min preparation + 15 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/4 lb. pork loin sirloin chops (or pork shoulder blade steaks)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 med. onion (10 oz.), cut into narrow wedges
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian recipe stewed tomatoes
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) linguini pasta
- Grated parmesan and fresh or dried minced herbs
- Trim off fat from the chops or blade steaks.
- Trim the meat from bones, and cut into small cubes.
- Dust pork with cumin and oregano.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and pork and sauté until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and heat.
- Cook linguine in boiling water about 2 minutes or as package directs.
- Drain and serve with pork-onion sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese and herbs.
Around The Web