Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 C. chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 24 wafers)
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1/4 C. margarine or butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 C. crushed hard peppermint candy
- Red food coloring, optional
- 2 C. (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped or non-dairy whipped topping
Combine crumbs, sugar, and margarine. Press on bottoms and halfway up sides of two 9-inch springform pan. In a large mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Stir in crushed candy and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream.
Pour into prepared pan, and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Garnish as desired. Return leftovers to freezer.