Fruit and Chicken Salad
- 1/2 C. fat-free dairy sour cream
- 1/2 C. fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 Tbs. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- dash ground red pepper
- 3 C. green onions, sliced
- 2 C. thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/2 C. seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 1/2 C. chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 C. dried apricots, cut into slivers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
For dressing, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, orange juice concentrate, ginger and red pepper. Stir in green onions; set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together celery, grapes, chicken and apricots; stir in dressing. Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
To serve, line 4 salad plates with lettuce leaves. Arrange tomatoes and cucumber on top of lettuce. Top with chicken mixture.