Serving Size / Yield
- 2 sm. green (or red)bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 sm. red onion, cut into thin 1-inch-long strips
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1/3 C. fat-free cream cheese
- 5-6 7-inch flour tortillas
- salsa (optional)
In large nonstick skillet, cook sweet peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in cilantro. Set vegetables aside.
Spread cream cheese over half of one side of each tortilla. Top with pepper mixture. Fold tortilla in half over peppers, pressing gently.
Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tortillas with the remaining oil. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve warm. Top with salsa, if desired.