General Tso's Chicken
10 min preparation + 20 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 1/4 C. soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 C. cornstarch
- 2 C. green onions, sliced
- 8 sm. hot peppers, dried
- 1/2 C. cornstarch
- 1/4 C. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. soy sauce
- 1/4 C. white vinegar
- 1/4 C. sherry
- 1 can condensed chicken broth
- Mix chicken, soy sauce, and hot peppers. Stir in egg.
- Add cornstarch, and mix until chicken pieces are coated.
- Deep fry 7 or 8 chicken pieces at a time in 350 degree oil until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place a small amount of oil in wok, and heat to 400 degrees.
- Add onions, peppers and stir fry about 30 seconds.
- Stir sauce mixture, and then add to wok. Cook until thick.
- Add chicken to sauce in wok, and cook until all is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with fried or steamed rice.
Around The Web