Giant Stuffed Shells
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C. Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 C. chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 18 giant shells, cooked "al dente"
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 C. red wine
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown the beef, onion and garlic. Drain.
2. Add mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, parsley and egg to meat mixture.
3. Stuff mixture into cooked shells.
4. Thinly coat the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan with half of the sauce.
5. Place shells in rows and pour rest of sauce on top. Sprinkle with parmesan.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.