- 8 ounces asparagus spears
- 1/4 C. half-and-half or light cream
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp. grated fresh ginger or dash ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
In a medium saucepan cook asparagus spears, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine the half-and-half or light cream, water, cornstarch, chicken bouillon granules, fresh ginger or ground ginger, and lemon peel. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve sauce over asparagus.
Makes 2 servings.