Serving Size / Yield
- 2 cups gingerbread cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 8 oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- freshly grated lemon zest
- whipped cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine the butter, 1/4 C. of sugar, and the crushed cookies. Dump the mixture into the springform pan and press the crust in until it's one third up the side. Bake for 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
Lower the heat to 325 degrees. In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the remaining 1 1/2 C. sugar and the vanilla. Add the eggs individually and mix for two minutes between each addition. Scrape the sides as needed. Add the remaining ingredients.
Grease the exposed portion of the inside of the springform pan and dump the cheese mixture in. Bake until the cake has set but still slightly loose, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. Top with more crumbled cookies, if desired.