Going Green Potato Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 med. potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced with some green part
- 1 C. celery and some chopped leaves, diced
- 6 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 15-oz. container avocado dip
- 1/2 C. light Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Put potatoes in a large kettle with cold water covering at least 2 inches above potatoes. Sprinkle in a little salt. Bring potatoes to a boil; cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender-not mushy. Drain and cool slightly. Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces. Set aside. In another bowl, combine avocado dip, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Whisk to blend well. Add celery, diced eggs, onions and cheese to the potatoes. Pour avocado mixture over potato mixture folding to coat well. Pour into serving bowl. Sprinkle top with paprika. Cover and refrigerate.
Note: Dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.