Great Texas Style Chili Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 C Frozen Stew Meat Mix*
- 2 C Frozen Meat Broth*
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Dried oregano (crushed)
- 1 to 2 tsp Cumin seed (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 to 4 Tbs Chopped canned green chili peppers
- 2 Tbs Cornmeal
- Corn bread (Optional)
In a large skillet, combine Stew Meat Mix*, Meat Broth*, sugar, oregano, cumin seed, salt, red pepper, and bay leaves. Cook, covered, over medium heat about 15 minutes or until meat and broth are thawed. Add chili peppers and cornmeal. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Remove bay leaves. Place a square of corn bread in each bowl, ladle chili over top.
*Stew Meat Mix, Meat Broth recipe located in this program