Greek Peasant Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 Kirby cucumbers (about 1lb.)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs. ripe red and/or yellow tomatoes (about 6 med.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 C. loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 C. Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 C. loosely packed fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 C. feta cheese, crumbled
With vegetable peeler, remove 3 or 4 evenly spaced lengthwise strips of peel from each cucumber. Cut each cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
In large bowl, with wire whisk, mix lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add cucumbers, tomatoes, mint, olives and dill; toss until evenly mixed and coated with dressing. Top with feta.
Each serving: About 150 calories, 5g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 9g fat (3g sat.), 12mg cholesterol, 42g sodium.