Greek-Style Baked Vegetables
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 in. slices
- 3 medium zucchinis, cut into 1 in. slices
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 4 small eggplants, cut into 2 in. thick slices
- 3 small green bell peppers, cut into large pieces
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 C. oil
- 2 oz. tomato paste
- 12 oz. water
- sea salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the potatoes at the bottom of your baking pan and season with salt and pepper. Add the zucchinis on top. Season with salt and pepper. Add half the onions and all the eggplant. Season with salt and pepper. Add the rest of the onions and the bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
In a small bowl, add the tomato puree to the water. Stir well to dissolve. Pour it over the vegetables. Drizzle with the oil. Add a last sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix the vegetables with a large spoon without messing up the layers. Place the pan on the lower rack of the oven.
Bake for 2 hours, stirring carefully every 30 minutes.