- 10 to 12 oz. pasta (any shape)
- 1 Tbs. nonhydrogenated margarine
- 1 1/2 C. chopped broccoli florets
- 1 C. frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 C. low-fat cottage cheese or crumbled silken tofu
- 1/2 C. low-fat milk, rice, milk, or soy milk
- salt to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese or Parmesan-style soy cheese
Cook pasta until al dente and drain. Transfer to container and toss with margarine.
Steam broccoli florets with a little bit of water in a saucepan or microwave. Steam until tender but still bright green. Add peas and steam or microwave until heated through. Combine vegetables with cottage cheese and milk in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed.
Pour sauce over cooked pasta and toss to combine. Stir in additional milk if needed. Season with salt and Parmesan and serve.