Grilled Chicken Pizza
- 1 10 oz. refrigerated pizza dough cornmeal
- 1 tsp. crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed dried basil
- 8 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 C. reduced-fat low-sodium jarred marinara sauce
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped onion
- 2-3 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C. shredded part skim milk mozzarella cheese
Open the dough package and on a lightly floured surface, roll out to roughly form a 10-inch. Place the crust on a cookie sheet which has been lightly sprinkled with cornmeal. Using your fingers, pat dough to desired shape and thickness. Transfer pizza to the prepared grill. Grill for about 3 minutes, until the top of the dough puffs and the underside is crisp and lightly browned. Using a large metal spatula, turn the crust over. Brush the cooked top with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano and basil. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken, marinara sauce, and onion.
Spread mixture over the top side of the crust. Arrange mushrooms on top (if using). Top with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on the mozzarella, covering the top evenly. Continue to grill for another 4-5 minutes, until the pizza is cooked through, the dough lightly browned, and the cheese melted. To insure even cooking, use tongs to rotate the pizza two or three times during the cooking period, taking care not to knock off the topping.