Grilled Pineapple Turkey Burgers
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbs. dry white wine or water
- 2 Tbs. seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 lb. very lean ground turkey breast
- 1 Tbs. minced red onion
- 1/8 tsp. salt, optional
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices canned pineapple packed in natural juice
- 2 sesame hamburger buns, split and toasted
Start a charcoal or gas grill, or preheat the broiler.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and wine. Stir in bread crumbs, ground turkey, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape into 2 patties of equal size, about 1/2-inch thick.
Grill or broil 4 inches from heat source, for 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning once. When you turn burgers, add pineapple slices to grill. Turn pineapple after 3 minutes and grill another 3 minutes. Turkey patties are done if the juices run clear when a knife is inserted in the center.
To serve, place the grilled patties on the toasted buns, topping each with a slice of grilled pineapple. Serve at once.