Grilled Veggie Pita Pizzas
- 1 lg. onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 C. fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 pita breads (6 in.)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1/4 C. sliced ripe olives
- 2 Tbs. capers, drained
In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 Tbs. oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, cook arugula just until wilted; remove and keep warm.
Brush one side of each pita with remaining oil. Layer with cheese, tomatoes, arugula, onion mixture, olives and capers. Grill pizzas, covered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.