Gruyere Fondue with Beer
Serving Size / Yield
- 8-ounce pack of Gruyere cheese
- 8-ounce pack of Cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle of sharp German beer or any lager beer with a dark color
- 1 teaspoon corn flour or corn starch ( you can use wheat flour as a substitute)
- A few drops hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce to flavor your fondue.
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, mix the cheeses together with the flour.
Tip the mixture into a large non-stick pan and set on medium-low heat to melt the cheese. Whisk throughout.
When the cheese is melted completely, add the flavorings like the beer, sauces, mustard, salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a pot and serve hot.
Fondue dippers like steamed cauliflower, cooked carrots, and steamed potatoes are ideal for vegetarians. As a spicy alternative, use mini gherkins, pickled onions, and flavored spicy breadsticks. For meat eaters, you can try cubed sausages, chicken cubes, cubed steaks, etc are perfect.