Harvest Beet Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 beets
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fuji apple, sliced into wedges
Scrub and peel your beets. Cut into quarters, and then boil beets until tender (about 25 minutes). Once drained, allow to cool and cube the beets.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, olive oil, honey, and red onion.
Cut your goat cheese into small pieces, and roughly chop your walnuts. Place your beets, cheese, walnuts, mint leaves, and apple slices into a large bowl. Lightly toss and serve with your dressing on the side.