Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. chopped walnuts
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 C. dried cranberries
- 1/2 C. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. red raspberry jam with seeds
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 C. walnut oil or olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion. In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper, and salt. Pour over the salad just before serving, and toss to coat.